Frittata with Zucchini
This year, for Food Revolution Day, Jamie Oliver launched The Food Revolution International Omelette Challenge! Create a healthy omelette which symbolize your nation and share it on the Food Revolution platform.
I made a traditional Italian frittata with zucchini. This simple but delicious and nutritious dish can be your breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Here’s how I prepared it…in less than 20 minutes!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Half white Onion
- Black pepper
- Pecorino cheese
- Chili flakes
- A handful of Cherry tomatoes
- Slice or dice your zucchini and the onion. Chop some parsley. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and the zucchini and cook them till they’re tender (6-8minutes). Set aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, dress with some olive oil and oregano and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat 2 eggs, some grated pecorino, the parsley, a pinch of pepper and some chili flakes. Add the zucchini and mix well.
- In a small pan heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Move the pan a little bit so that the oil covers the entire surface. Pour the mix in the hot pan and make sure the egg and the zucchini are distributed evenly. Cook until the egg is lightly browned on the bottom (3-5 minutes). You can put a lid on the pan. Now carefully flip the frittata and cook 2-3 more minutes.
Serve it hot or cold with the tomatoes. Buon Appetito!!!